"Philip Athans is not only an insightful, illuminating advisor for publishers and writers, but he’s also an author of great skill whose work ranges from New York Times bestsellers to thoughtful, prescriptive texts on the writing craft. If you’re looking for someone who can help you shape and edit your fiction, or strategically and creatively craft characters, worlds, and brands that resonate with readers, Athans is your man." —Phil Sexton, former publisher, Writer’s Digest
I work one-on-one with authors at all experience levels across a range of genres and categories. From a couple hours of advice to long-term consultations including text edits and specific advice on your writing and your writing career, contact me and we can discuss where you are, where you want to go, and how I can help.
KEEP AN EYE ON THIS SPACE FOR EXCITING NEW ONLINE COURSES FOR 2020 AND BEYOND!
Running a writer’s conference or science fiction or comic book convention?
Contact me for seminars like:
Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction: Join former Wizards of the Coast senior managing editor and New York Times best-selling author Philip Athans for a spirited Q&A session for aspiring writers, with advice from his book, The Guide to Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction (Adams Media, 2010). Learn:
- The necessity of consistently-applied “rules” for your fantasy and SF worlds.
- The vital importance of a strongly-motivated villain.
- Valuable tips for creating a career in the fantasy and SF genres.
- The Writer’s Digest Conference West
- The Writer’s Digest Novel Conference
- The Pacific Northwest Writers Association Conference
- Write on the Sound
- Writer’s Digest University online tutorials and webinars
- Emerald City Comicon
- and more!
Interested in booking me for your event? Just contact me!